- Michele Bachmann - She is crazy. It is one thing to pounce on the donations Perry received from drug companies for his HPV vaccination plan, but when she started up with the "vaccines cause autism!" crap she morphed into a full-bore kOOk. I don't want her anywhere near the levers of power.
- Herman Cain - I like him and he doesn't stand a chance in hell. Which is a shame because he may be the only candidate from either party with real-life business experience.
- Newt Gingrich - He isn't actually running for president. He likes the spotlight and is angling (brown-nosing) for a cabinet position with the Perry/Romney administration. I think he is a sleazebag but I do admire his intelligence.
- Jon Huntsman, Jr. - Who?
- Gary Johnson - Who?
- Ron Paul - His ideas may or may not have merit, but what is undeniable to almost everyone is he looks and sounds nutty. Surely there are better candidates that represent libertarian ideals.
- Rick Perry - Is fumbling. Instead of hemming and hawing he needs to point out that people like Mitt Romney and Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman agree with him about the Social Security Ponzi. He needs better advisers.
- Mitt Romney - Winning. He's not my pick but he is undeniably smooth and polished. His campaign is a finely-tuned machine.
- Rick Santorum - Who?
- Wild card: Marco Rubio.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
My take on the 2012 GOP candidates
Posted by Lou Minatti at 9:40 PM