- People who say "Arizona residents are racists" and there is no problem with illegal aliens are for the most part wealthy liberal white assholes who haven't seen their neighborhoods transformed. I'd like some forced integration in their neighborhoods and schools. Sort of an experiment to see if they will maintain their opinion.
- Let's cut to the chase: It's about Mexicans.
- A bunch of crooks on both sides of the political aisle are making a lot of money off of this issue.
- I am not into hating Mexicans. I like Mexicans. My chicken-raising Mexican neighbors in the old 'hood are good people and I miss them. I maintain that in 100 years we'll view Mexican immigrants as we view Italian-Americans today. Mexicans are Christians, like to drink, work hard and have the same vices as native-born Americans. And their food is pretty good to boot.
- I totally understand why so many people here in the US feel overwhelmed by Mexicans. If I lived in Georgia or Iowa or Illinois I'd be freaked out too. Fortunately for me, Texas has always had a strong Tejano culture so for most of us it's no big deal.
- The immigration laws are broken and we need to be doing more to encourage skilled/educated/monied immigrants instead of throwing up bureaucratic roadblocks.
- A lot of these people are going back home anyway because the construction jobs have dried up.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Posted by Lou Minatti at 9:45 PM