Maegoss made what are valid criticisms:
I know you will hate me for this, but I think the new GUI is not that phenomenal. Most new GUI features were stolen from other phones, eg:crimson05 doesn't get it.
- Pulling the menu up stolen from Android
- Small line on the main menu that tells you on which screen you are - stolen from Android/HTC Hero
- In calendar the way of setting the date with the scrolling wheels (year, month, day) to set the time - stolen from iPhone/Android
- Picture viewer in landscape showing all pictures in "filmstrip" - stolen from Android/HTC Hero
- The pulling down of the upper bar (containing the operator name, date, battery state, etc.) - stolen from Android
- The new copy-paste way - stolen straight from iPhone
- The new way of rearranging the icons on screen: the trashbin at the middle bottom and the plus sign at the bottom right - stolen from Android/HTC Hero
It seems Meizu developers didn't have any ideas of their own, so they "borrowed" others ideas. Earlier the M8 was only an iPhone clone; after the new GUI is used it will be an iPhone and an Android clone as well.
what is you problem?Bullcrap. The Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems look nothing alike unless you think icons make all OS's the same. Anyone with a lick of sanity knows that Meizu is profiting from what engineers at Apple and Google did. They are blatant thieves. Chinese companies are stealing from companies around the world. Ask Samsung or LG or Nokia what they think about these Chinese knock-offs.
it looks good and has a good usability
tell me a really new concept for a phone
it is impossible
every company "steals" from others
look at macos, win 7 and newer linux dists
they all look nearly the same
For the crimson05's of the world who think it doesn't matter, let me ask: If you had a bright idea for a product and you knew that someone else would sell a duplicate in a few months so as to profit off your work and there wasn't anything you could do about it, would you have the same opinion?